Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sole Refuge: A Translation of a Passage from the Nama Ghosa



Sole Refuge (sarana)

My Lord, I am of extremely devious conduct; I am solely your
offender, O Shelter of All Embodied Personalities!
Please forgive me, O Remover of All Faults, and take me as your servant!
Look, I enter into your refuge! 183
O Krsna, my master! At your feet, we
beg only for refuge.
Do favor on us, O my guardian, from the disfavor of primal matter,
only then would we be able to escape. 184
O the lord of the Yadus, I am of extremely dull intellect.
I do not know how to do your service.
Solely and exclusively at your lotus-feet,
I make sole refuge the only essential thing. 185
Best personality! Supreme pure personality!
Personality of pure transcendental joy! Lord!
In expectation of the honeyed juice of your lotus-like feet,
we enter into sole-refuge in you. 186
O my master, the possessor of all opulences! O the Lord whose end cannot be found by time and space!
O the savior of the ones taking shelter in you!
You only are my most beloved; only you are the supreme controlling entity.
Knowing this, we take refuge in you. 187

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krishna! Please type in your comments below:

The Glory of the Supreme Illuminator ("Vastu prakāśa," Nāma Ghoṣā 371-75)

  bastu-prakāśa harināma rase, baiku ṇṭ ha prakāśe prema-am ṛ tara nadī . śrīmanta śa ṅ kare, pāra bhā ṅ i dilā bahe brahmā ṇḍ aka bhedi .. ...